Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Medical emergencies;
- Trip cancellation;
- Personal liability;
- Loss of documents.
The most basic type of travel insurance is the single trip travel insurance policy. This policy type is designed to cover travelers during one trip, for a specified period of time, sometimes even more than one year, depending on the coverage chosen. Single trip travel insurance can be purchased for one or more travelers up to the age of 84.
The most important two aspects of single trip travel insurance is the period of coverage and type of coverage. The period of coverage generally depends on the type of policy you choose to purchase, ranging from 5 days to even 15 months in some cases.The type of policy you choose will determine the extent of protection the insurance provider will cover. If you choose to purchase a more comprehensive policy type instead of a regular one, the coverage will be better but the premiums will also increase.
Each travel insurance policy will come with a list of coverage sections. Each section includes different situations that are covered by the insurance policy. For example, all travel insurance policies provide medical coverage, which includes emergency medical repatriations, dental treatment and hospital confinement benefits. All of these situations have a maximum insured sum that the insurer agrees to support, depending on how much you choose to spend.
Single trip travel insurance can cover travelers of all ages, up to the age of 84. This includes infants, children adults and seniors. However, not all policy types will cover up to age of 84. For example winter sports insurance will only cover up to the ages of 65.
As single trip travel insurance is a whole category of insurance policies, we will offer you a quick presentation of the basic coverage regular single trip insurance can provide:
• Medical coverage. This includes emergency medical expenses as well as repatriation, dental treatment and hospital confinement costs.
• Trip cancellation coverage. Cancellation coverage will also provide protection against loss of trip plan deposits.
• Personal accident coverage. This type of coverage will offer financial protection against loss of limbs, permanent total disablement or even death.
• Loss of personal possessions. Depending on the insurer and policy you choose, the list of personal possessions covered can be different. With this type of coverage you can cover each item individually or purchase coverage for your entire valuables.
• Documents, passport and personal money coverage.
• Personal liability and rented accommodation coverage.
Insurance excess is the part of the claim that you agree to pay. The insurance providers will the cover you for the remaining amount of the claim up to the limit of the cover. The coverage limit depends on the insurance premiums you chose to pay. You can find out the amount of excess per claim when you purchase the policy.