Travel Insurance for Non-UK Residents
- Medical emergencies;
- Trip cancellation;
- Personal liability;
- Loss of documents.
Residents of the European Union can now benefit from our travel insurance policies for Non-UK residents and get the same level of coverage a resident of the UK would. In addition to the standard coverage these insurance policies provide, travel insurance for non-UK residents also covers the costs of repatriation to the home country.
The basics of Non-UK travel insurance:
Travel Insurance for non-UK residents covers a whole range of insurance policies, from single-trip and annual multi-trip policies to special insurance policies like winter sports travel insurance or backpackers and long stay travel insurance.
Non-UK travel insurance will provide guaranteed coverage for all travelers from the European Union as well as residents of Liechtenstein and Norway. Even Australian, New Zealanders and South Africans passport holders can apply for travel insurance for non-UK travel insurance from Globelink.
Customization is a large part of the quotation process. Here you can select the type of travel insurance policy, single trip or annual multi-trip as well as area of travel, party size, duration of trip and party details.The areas of travel covered by non-UK travel insurance are: Europe (including Egypt and Morocco), Australia and New Zealand and Worldwide.
What does non-UK travel insurance cover?
As a member of the European Union you are allowed to choose any of the insurance policies available for UK residents. This means that you can purchase from regular single-trip insurance to special winter sports travel insurance. Here is what regular single-trip travel insurance would cover:
• Medical coverage. This includes emergency medical expenses as well as repatriation, dental treatment and hospital confinement costs;
• Trip cancellation coverage. Cancellation coverage will also provide protection against loss of trip plan deposits;
• Personal accident coverage. This type of coverage will offer financial protection against loss of limbs, permanent total disablement or even death;
• Loss of personal possessions. Depending on the insurer and policy you choose, the list of personal possessions covered can be different. With this type of coverage you can cover each item individually or purchase coverage for your entire valuables;
• Documents, passport and personal money coverage;
• Personal liability and rented accommodation coverage.
Coverage levels for Travel Insurance to European countries and All countries.
Just to get an idea on what is the difference between a travel insurance policy for Non-UK but European resident we will do a short parallel and point out the differences in coverage levels and prices. For this representation we have chosen a policy Comprehensive single trip travel insurance policy with worldwide coverage traveling over a period of 6 days.
As you can see, there aren't that many differences between the types of coverage you get depending on where you are from. The main difference is the premium cost and amount of coverage.